Penang Bridge International Marathon 2017 @ Penang Bridge, Penang

By : Chha

November 26th, 2017, Penang Bridge International Marathon is back again ! Well, as usual, i enroll myself and was hoping for an awesome running event. I was a little disappointed about the entire experience of the Penang Bridge International Marathon. Let me break it down for you here.

What I Face :

During race kit collection, i was given a different size running vest from what i initially register for. The size is smaller and i don't like it ! I feel uncomfortable wearing it. When i ask the people working there about this issue, they say that the size that i register for is finish. How can that be possible ? This is simple maths thing, if 100 people register for M size vest, then the organizer should order 100 M size vest .. then 100 people who register for it should get the size they want ! Easy right ? But why don't the organizer see this ?

What I Heard Other People Face :

Not getting Finisher medal, Well, if you don't finish the run in the given time, i don't blame the organizer, even though you finish the run but not in the given time you are not entitled for the medal, so for me, i don't think this is an issue. But if the participant finish the run in time, organizer should provide participants with finisher medals.

Running vest finish. A friend of mine did not get his running vest which was promised to be given to him during race kit collection day, instead he was given the T-Shirt for volunteer. This should not have happen .. ! Again, same concept, 100 people register for the run, organizer should prepare 100 running vest.


This is the 3rd time the same route have been use in the Penang Bridge International Marathon, it have been ever since year 2015 this route is being use. I don't really like this route because the route only cover a small portion of the bridge, i feels like this is not bridge run, it is more like normal penang marathon. My opinion is, the route should cover more of the run on the bridge itself. If you look at the map for the route, there is only about 4km run which is on the bridge, the rest is on Penang Island from the total of 21km run.

Route Covered

Distance Covered

Medal

Posted Date : 3 December 2017
Posted Time : 9.24 am

Comments

  1. I am joining Penang bridge marathon this year and I am looking for a sweaty and fun run! Btw there is an odor in my car which I would like to get rid of as I always sweat in my car after exercising. I am looking for affordableodor removal services. Good sharing and pls keep participating the marathon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Jay Travel

Jay Sports